Provide crisis intervention, advocacy and support to victims of domestic violence, sexual violence and stalking. Provide support during interviews with Norman Police Department. Must be comfortable with public speaking, heading up multidisciplinary committee and working with the court system. The location of this position is at the Norman Investigation Center. Developing partnerships with the Detectives who investigate these crimes is crucial.
1. Bachelor’s degree in education, public information, community development or human service field or related experience.
2. General understanding of dynamics and prevention of sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking.
3. One-year experience and/or training at a domestic violence shelter and/or rape crisis response and/or domestic violence/sexual violence crisis center.
4. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
5. Ability to problem-solve.
6. Meet CJIS background qualifications.
Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, meet deadlines and have the ability to work both as part of a team and in isolation. Must be comfortable working around law enforcement.
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Coordinator of Satellite Office
HOURS AND SALARY:
40 hrs, $28,000-35,000
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
The Women’s Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer.
WRC affirms that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, age, degree of disability, political affiliation, or legal status.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Debby Hooks at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Advocate” in subject line.
Or mail cover letter and resume to Debby Hooks, P.O. Box 5089, Norman, OK 73070. No phone calls please.
July 31, 2019