The Women’s Resource Center is seeking a professional for the full-time Prevention Education Advocate position. The PEA will teach healthy relationships dynamics (with a provided curriculum) to middle school and high school aged students within participating schools and programs in the Cleveland County area.
Applicant must have flexible daytime and weekend schedule, reliable source of transportation, experience with public speaking and/or facilitating conversations, social media competency (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat) competent working with computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Prezi and must enjoy working with youth.
Prevention Education at Women’s Resource Center utilizes a multi-level, public health approach in promoting healthy relationships. Women’s Resource Center has created a program that aims to reach multiple levels of involvement to better serve our community.
Primary prevention aims to prevent domestic violence and sexual assault before it ever occurs. Our prevention programming focuses on creating a culture in which domestic violence and sexual assault is not tolerated. Currently, this is accomplished through multiple presentations for adolescents, trainings for teachers, and workshops for parents. It is our belief that the earlier we can teach youth what healthy relationships are, the less likely they are to experience an unhealthy one later in life.
- Prepare, schedule, facilitate a multi-session evidence-based healthy relationship promotion program to middle/high school students, addressing primary principles in the prevention of domestic and sexual violence
- Develop, schedule, facilitate single-session prevention education programs on healthy communication, dating violence, sexual harassment, sexual assault, and importance of prevention services to community groups, area schools, churches, civic/professional groups, school police officers, and parents/guardians
- Creation and implementation of public health model, multi-level prevention program in the community utilizing community assessment and needs assessments
- Represent Women’s Resource Center at specified conferences, functions, events, and committees
- Prepare and submit accurate monthly data reports of program activities
- Provide outreach via social media blogs
- Maintain accurate data regarding number of presentations delivered
- Input data analysis for schools, including administering surveys, data input, analyze data, report findings
- Prepare and submits reports to Executive Director and program funding agencies
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Public Health, Women’s and Gender Studies, or related field. Experience in the health promotion field preferred. Will consider a combination of education and experience.
To apply email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com