TITLE: Sexual Assault Counselor-Part time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field and/or LPC
- One year experience with direct counseling services to individuals and/or groups
- Knowledge of dynamics of sexual assault and domestic violence
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Crisis intervention experience preferred
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Counselor is responsible for providing direct services to clients of WRC particularly with regard to issues of sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Provide crisis intervention, short-term individual counseling and ongoing group counseling for victims of sexual assault.
- Provide information and referral to individuals calling WRC
- Provide up-to-date referral information to other members of WRC staff
- Organize various support groups for individuals impacted by sexual violence.
- Set up procedures for screening and intake
Consultation and Education
- Complete 16 hours of continuing education in areas required by agency contract with the
- Complete certification process with OCADVSA within time limit set by agency.
- Maintain necessary client records; record and assist reporting service statistics to funding sources
- Prepare written reports as required
- Participate in WRC staff meetings and WRC Board meetings, as required
- Represent WRC when required
- Follow all safety and health procedures required by law
- Follow all Policies and Procedures of the Women’s Resource Center, Inc.
- Follow Standards and Criteria as set by the Office of the Attorney General
- Follow all requirements of applicable funding sources.
- Perform other duties as required