TITLE: Sexual Violence Response Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree in education, public information, community development or human
- General understanding of dynamics and prevention of sexual assault, domestic violence, and child sexual assault.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Training and/or experience in crisis intervention
- Familiarity with community & its resources
- Experience with volunteer programs
- One year experience with public speaking
- Experience with community outreach
- Works well in high-stress situations
- Flexibility in schedule
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Rape Crisis Center Coordinator
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Sexual Assault Response Advocate is responsible for coordinating law enforcement agencies, social service agencies that provide services to victims of sexual assault and for maintaining the Rape Crisis Center.
- Develop and maintain contacts with other agencies.
- Network with professionals for effective coordination of service delivery to victims/survivors of sexual assault.
- Assist in the training of Rape Response Advocates
- Represent the Women’s Resource Center as necessary
- Respond to rape calls
- Answer crisis calls at Rape Crisis Center
- Provide information & referral, crisis intervention, & counseling information as appropriate
- Maintain client records
- Maintain the Rape Crisis Center
- Participate in meetings as required by supervisor
- Maintain Rape Crisis Center to meet all fire, city and health codes.
- Follow all Policies and Procedures of the Women’s Resource Center, Inc.
- Meet requirements as set out by Standard and Criteria of the Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General
- Meet Requirements of all funding sources
- Fill in for other rape response advocates as required
- Perform other duties as required