The Administrative Assistant is responsible for greeting all visitors, staff, volunteers and clients in a respectful and courteous manner and offering clerical and office support work required by the Executive Director, Development Director, WRC Board of Directors, and other Women’s Resource Center, Inc. staff as appropriate. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for coordinating donations.
1. High School Diploma
2. Familiar with Microsoft Office products
3. Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally
4. Dependable, helpful and courteous
5. Good Organizational Skills
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality of individuals seeking services.
1. Two-years Experience working in an office setting-nonprofit experience a plus
2. Bilingual a plus
1. Processing of board and staff correspondence and reports as needed
2. Maintenance of staff and board member lists
3. Maintenance of data base(s) and referral information
4. Collection of and appropriate disbursement of mail
5. Check agency e-mail and forward to appropriate staff
6. Copying forms as needed
7. Assist Bookkeeper in mailing of payments
8. May assist Coordinator of Satellite Office with scheduling of clients
9. Assist Satellite Office staff with walk-ins
10. Assist with processing WRC mailings for newsletters and fund raising
Reception and Telephone:
1. Responsible for receiving clients and potential clients in a respectful and helpful manner
2. Brief and limited crisis intervention with “walk-in” clients
3. Brief and limited telephone crisis intervention and screening as needed
4. Clear and accurate receipt and disbursal of messages
5. Referral to appropriate services for non-emergency inquiries
6. Appropriate referrals to staff in emergencies
7. Logging of all phone calls
8. Occasional telephoning on behalf of staff
1. Hours will vary dependent upon staffing. Generally speaking hours at the Satellite Office are 10 a.m-12 p.m. and 1 p.m.-4 p.m. on Monday and Thursday. Tuesday and Wednesday same hours with the exception of the third Wednesday of the month for Board Meetings.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Women’s Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer. WRC affirms that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, age, degree of disability, political affiliation, or legal status.
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Kristy Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Administration Assistant” in subject line.
Or mail cover letter and resume to Kristy Stewart, P.O. Box 5089, Norman, OK 73070. No phone calls please.
August 31, 2019