TITLE: Domestic Violence/Sexual Violence Advocate-Satellite Office QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Bachelor’s degree in education, public information, community development
or human service field or related experience.
2. General understanding of dynamics and prevention of sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking.
3. One year experience and/or training at a domestic violence shelter and/or rape crisis response and/or domestic violence/sexual violence crisis center.
4. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
5. Ability to problem-solve.
1. Training &/or experience in crisis intervention
2. Familiarity with community & its resources
3. Experience with volunteer programs
4. One year experience with public speaking.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Coordinator of Satellite Office
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Domestic Violence/Sexual Violence Advocate is responsible for providing crisis intervention, advocacy, supportive services for victims of domestic violence and/or sexual violence. In addition DVSV Advocate is responsible for coordinating law enforcement agencies and social service agencies that provide services to victims of domestic violence, sexual violence and stalking.
1. Develop and maintain contacts with other agencies.
2. Network with professionals for effective coordination of service delivery to victims/survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual violence and stalking.
3. Represent the Women’s Resource Center as necessary.
4. Outreach to LGBTQ community and other community partners.
1. Answer crisis calls.
2. Provide information & referral, crisis intervention, & counseling information as appropriate on the phone, face-to-face and e-mail at the police department, court house, other locations as needed.
3. Conduct domestic violence education groups.
4. Coordinate services needed to reduce trauma and reduce revictimization
5. Maintain client records
6. Participate in meetings as required by supervisor.
1. Maintain office.
2. Collect data and submit reports specific to grant requirements and the Office of the Attorney General.
3. Follow all Policies and Procedures of the Women’s Resource Center, Inc.
4. Meet requirements as set out by Standard and Criteria of the Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General
5. Perform other duties as required
SALARY RANGE: $28,000-$35,000 (1 FTE)
The Women’s Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, gender identification, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, degree of disability, political affiliation, or status as a veteran, in all aspects of employment and management.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Debby Hooks at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “DVSV Advocate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Resumes accepted until October 27, 2020.