Sexual Assault Counselor-Part time 32 hrs per week
The Counselor is responsible for providing direct services to clients of WRC particularly with regard to issues of sexual assault and domestic violence.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field and/or LPC
2. One year experience with direct counseling services to individuals and/or groups
3. Knowledge of dynamics of sexual assault and domestic violence
1. Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
2. Crisis intervention experience preferred
1. Provide crisis intervention, short-term individual counseling and ongoing group counseling for victims of sexual assault.
2. Provide information and referral to individuals calling WRC
3. Provide up-to-date referral information to other members of WRC staff
4. Organize various support groups for individuals impacted by sexual violence.
5. Set up procedures for screening and intake
Consultation and Education:
1. Complete 16 hours of continuing education in areas required by agency contract with the Attorney General.
2. Complete certification process with OCADVSA within time limit set by agency
The Women’s Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identification, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, degree of disability, political affiliation, or status as a veteran, in all aspects of employment and management.
If interested in this position please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Counselor” in subject line.
Or mail cover letter and resume to Debby Hooks, P.O. Box 5089, Norman, OK 73070. No phone calls please.
August 31, 2019