1. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field and/or LPC
2. One year experience with direct counseling services to individuals and/or groups
3. Knowledge of dynamics of sexual assault and domestic violence
1. Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
2. Crisis intervention experience preferred
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Coordinator of Satellite Office
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Counselor is responsible for providing direct services to clients of WRC particularly with regard to issues of sexual assault.
1. Provide crisis intervention, short-term individual counseling and ongoing group counseling for victims of sexual assault.
2. Provide information and referral to individuals calling WRC
3. Provide up-to-date referral information to other members of WRC staff
4. Organize various support groups for individuals impacted by sexual violence.
5. Set up procedures for screening and intake
Consultation and Education
1. Complete 16 hours of continuing education in areas required by agency contract with the Attorney General.
2. Complete certification process with OCADVSA within time limit set by agency
1. Follow policies and procedures of the Women’s Resource Center
2. Follow and meet grant requirements
3. Follow standards and criteria set out by the Office of the Attorney General
4. Perform additional duties as assigned
The Women’s Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of perceived or actual race, gender identification, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, degree of disability, political affiliation, or status as a veteran, in all aspects of employment and management.
If interested in this position please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and put “Counselor” in subject line. The deadline for submission is November 1, 2020 or until position is filled.