DVSV Advocate-Shelter Full Time
This position is located at our Shelter. Full Time, Salaried Position.
Benefits include paid annual and sick leave. Paid medical and dental.
1. Training &/or experience in crisis intervention
2. High School Diploma
3. Ability to listen effectively
4. Good written and oral communication skills
5. Ability to assist with problem solving
6. Detail Oriented
7. Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs
8. Must be able to navigate stairs
9. One-year experience/education in child care/development
1. Degree in human services field
2. Certified Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Response Professional
3. Familiarity with community & its resources
4. Experience with volunteer programs
5. Supervisory experience
6. Experience with Public Speaking
7. Prefer Bilingual-Spanish
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The DVSV Advocate is responsible for aiding adults in the shelter in obtaining all necessary & appropriate services to complete their personal plan for escaping the violence that has brought them to the WRC. DVSV Advocate is responsible for facilitating groups. May include providing activities for children. All services are voluntary and trauma informed.
1. Answer crisis calls at Shelter
2. Provide information & referral, crisis intervention, & shelter information as appropriate
3. Provide problem solving & advocacy for residents
4. Meet with clients individually and facilitate groups. All services are trauma-informed and voluntary.
5. Maintain safety of Shelter
6. Maintain client records
7. Assist in the maintenance of the shelter facility
8. Assist in ordering & purchasing of household supplies and groceries
9. Community Relations
1. Develop and maintain contacts with other agencies & professionals for effective coordination of service delivery
2. Participate in community multidisciplinary teams (Continuum of Care, Homeless Coordinated Case management, etc.)
3. Coordinate United Way Day of Caring, assist with other volunteer opportunities at shelter.
4. Participate in meetings as required by supervisor
The Women’s Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identification, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, degree of disability, political affiliation, or status as a veteran, in all aspects of employment and management.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter by June 1st, 2020 to Kristy Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “DVSV Advocate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.